Char-Grilled Chicken Fajitas
Total Time 2 Hours 35 Minutes
Spice Level Medium
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons hot chilli powder
- 450g skinless chicken fillets, sliced into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular Flour Tortillas
- Old El Paso™ Thick ‘N’ Chunky Salsa
- Mix the lime juice, oil and chilli powder in a shallow non-metallic bowl. Add the chicken and onion and turn to coat in the marinade. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat a cast-iron griddle pan over a high heat. Remove the chicken and onion from the marinade (discard remaining marinade) and cook on the griddle pan for 4-6 minutes, turning until charred and the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Warm the tortillas as directed on packaging. Divide the chicken and onion between the tortillas. Fold one end of each tortilla up about 2cm over the chicken mixture and fold left and right sides over folded end, overlapping. Serve topped with salsa and guacamole.
Mix some soured cream with chopped fresh chives and some freshly ground black pepper for a cooling accompaniment.
Add some sliced red or green peppers to the marinated chicken mixture.